Registration & Refund Information
The Manchester Parks & Recreation Department strives to provide quality programs that are affordable and meet the growing needs of the community. We are committed to providing exceptional recreational opportunities, which are educational, fun, healthy and rewarding.
- All programs are offered on a “first come – first serve” basis via online, in-person, telephone or mail-in registration.
- Please send mail-in registrations to Manchester Parks & Recreation, 10 Central Street, Manchester, MA 01944. To register in person, visit us at Town Hall Room #7. To register by phone, please call 978-525-6429. Click here for online registration.
- Checks should be made payable to Manchester Parks and Recreation.
- The Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel classes that do not support themselves. All programs operate on a self-supporting basis.
- Nothing jeopardizes a recreation program faster than individuals who wait until the last minute to register. All programs require a high level of coordination, often including facility scheduling, staffing, volunteer recruitment, and purchasing of supplies. Please register early!
- There is a $25.00 service fee for all returned checks.
- Non-residents may register for any Recreation Department program unless otherwise specified in the program's description.
- If schools are closed due to inclement weather, all recreation programs for that day are also cancelled. On weekends, if the weather is questionable, please call the Parks & Recreation Department Weather Information/Cancellation Line at 978-525-6429.
- Unless you register online, confirmation of your course will NOT be made. You will only be notified if the class is full or is cancelled due to low enrollment. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend your class at the first meeting. Advanced registration and payment is required for all programs.
If you withdraw from a class and want a refund, you must notify the Parks & Recreation Department at least seven (7) business days prior to the start of the program. You will be charged a $10.00 administrative processing fee. If you withdraw from a program within six (6) business days prior to the start of the program, you are eligible to receive a credit towards a future program. No credit or refund will be given once a program begins. Regardless of how the initial payment was made, all refunds will be issued by check from the Town of Manchester-by-the-Sea.
The Manchester Parks & Recreation Department is committed to providing recreational opportunities for residents of all ages and abilities. If you or a family member needs special accommodations to participate in the Town’s recreation activities, please contact the Director of Parks & Recreation at 978-526-2019.
Financial Aid/Scholarship Assistance
A confidential application for financial assistance may be made to the Director of Parks & Recreation, and if a hardship exists, the applicant may be granted a reduction in fee. Many programs are self- supporting, which limits the amount of available aid per program. Please call (978) 526-2019 to request a scholarship application.
Click here to register for our programs online by credit card (MasterCard and VIsa).