The Manchester Coastal Stream Team (MCST) is a group of local citizens that meets monthly to discuss environmental issues concerning local waterways and to plan corrective measures. The group's work focuses on projects designed to maintain and improve water cleanliness and quality, and to preserve coastal habitats. All projects involve public participation and education.
MCST is active in the community and has successfully implemented many projects, including:
- Adoption of Sawmill Brook under The Massachusetts Riverways Program (smelt habitat restoration project)
- Dexter Pond habitat improvement
- Assisting with coordination of storm drain stenciling projects
- Working towards reduction of pesticide use in the watershed
- Promoting wise use of water resources
For more information please email Jessica Lamothe or call 978-526-4414.