Open Air Cooking Fire Rules and Regulations
- A cooking fire permit must be obtained at the Fire Station at 12 School Street when setting a cooking fire on public land.
- The person obtaining the permit must be 18 years or older.
- The fire must be made of charcoals in a metal container on rocky, sandy or land free from vegetation.
- The smoke from the fire must not be a nuisance to other people.
- All hot coals or ashes must be extinguished, cooled and removed from the beach or public land.
- Never bury hot coals or ashes, people have been severely burned by unknowingly stepping on top of the buried coals.
- The cooking fire permit expires at 10PM and the fire must be extinguished.