A beautiful location for a wedding, picnic, family gathering, or just a day at the park and beach! Located in Manchester, Massachusetts, Tuck's Point has a beach, swings, picnic area, Chowder House, and comfort station with male and female accessible bathrooms.
TUCK’S POINT RESERVATION INFORMATION
Beginning on Tuesday, October 1st; Manchester residents can begin making reservations for 2014 Rentals at Tuck's Point. Non-Resident Reservations begin on January 2, 2014. A $100.00 deposit is required at time of reservation. This deposit will be applied to your rental fee. Final balances and all caterer information must be received in full 30 days before the scheduled date, or the date will be forfeited. Reservation forms are available at Manchester Town Hall and online at: www.manchester.ma.us/recreation. Payment accepted by cash or check only.
2014 RESIDENT RATES:
Monday - Thursday
Friday - Sunday
2014 NON-RESIDENT RATES
Monday - Thursday
Friday - Sunday
2014 ROTUNDA CEREMONY / PHOTO PERMIT - 2 HOUR TIME BLOCK
CHOWDER HOUSE LOGISTICAL DETAILS
1. The Chowder House can seat up to 125 people. 85 people can fit comfortably inside with the available tables & chairs. When you reserve the Chowder House you can also use the picnic tables on the lawn directly behind the Chowder House which will hold approximately 40 additional people.
2. Your reservation includes the use of the tables & chairs which are already in the Chowder House. There are 16 six foot rectangular folding tables.
3. There is 1 electrical outlet in the Tuck's Point Chowder House which is located inside the kitchen area. This outlet is designed for a coffee pot or other small appliance. It cannot handle a major power use which is one of the reasons why amplified music is not permitted.
4. There are interior lights inside the Chowder House for background illumination only. The light switch is located in the breezeway between the Chowder House and the kitchen prepation area. These lights will go out at 9:00 pm exactly. Please make sure that your event is packed up and cleaned up by this time. Once the lights go out, it is pretty dark out at Tuck's Point.
TUCK'S POINT RESERVATION INFORMTION
1. Town Resident Groups/Municipal Groups: Applications to reserve the Tuck’s Point Chowder House are available beginning on Tuesday, October 1st for the following calendar year. To receive the Town Resident rate, the applicant must reside in
the Town of Manchester. Municipal groups include town-based fraternal organizations, schools, etc.
2. Non-Resident Groups: Applications to reserve the Tuck’s Point Chowder House are available beginning on Thursday, January 2nd, 2014. Non-Resident groups are any user group who does not reside in or is not based in the Town of Manchester.
3. Reservations for the Chowder House can made starting the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and ending the fourth weekend in September. No rentals will be granted on holidays.
4.The Chowder House can be reserved from 9:00 am – 2:30 pm and/or from 3:30 pm – 9:00 pm. If it is available, you may rent both time slots but would pay a fee for each time slot.
5. Completed applications should be submitted to the Parks & Recreation Department, located at Manchester Town Hall.
6. The Director of Parks & Recreation shall assign all reservations on a first come, first served basis.
7. No group may exceed 150 people.
TUCK'S POINT RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Reservation is for the Tuck’s Point Chowder House and lawn directly behind the Chowder House only.
2. Premises must be cleaned and vacated no later than 9:00 p.m. The light switch for the Chowder House is located in the breezeway outside of the kitchen. Lights will shut off automatically at 9:00 pm.
3. All trash generated by the function must be placed in the dumpster in the parking lot. Functions must provide their own trash bags. Applicant must also wipe down all tables at the end of their event.
4. Alcohol at Tuck’s Point: If you are going to have alcohol present at your event there are a couple of rules that you will need to follow. First, you can give alcohol away but you cannot sell it. Second, you will be required to purchase a Host Liquor Liability Insurance policy of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence/$1,000,000 aggregate policy for your event and have the Town of Manchester – Tuck’s Point listed as additionally insured. Even if you tell people to bring their own alcohol to the event; you will still need to have this insurance policy and provide a copy of it to the Town of Manchester. The policy must be submitted 30 days before your event. If you are using a catering company and they are providing the alcohol for your event, then we need a copy of their insurance policy. If you are
not using a catering company; then this insurance policy can be purchased from your own insurance carrier.
4. Electric lights, generators or amplified music of any kind are not permitted.
5. Portable propane or charcoal grills are permitted on grassy areas only. Wood fires are not permitted. Hot coals should be disposed of in the designated charcoal pit.
6. Groups are responsible for placing tables and chairs neatly in Chowder House at the end of rental time.
7. Violators will be fined for any damage to trees or shrubs.
8. The kitchen area is for rinsing cooking equipment only. There are no cooking facilities at Tuck’s Point.
9. No dogs are permitted on Chowder House side of road from May -September.
10. Active sports prohibited on Chowder House side of road.
11. Littering law strictly enforced. Violators subject to fine.
12. Failure to follow the Tuck’s Point Rules and Regulations will result in charges for clean-up and/or prohibition from future use of Tuck’s Point.
PAYMENTS, CHARGES & REFUNDS
1. A $100.00 deposit is due at time of reservation. This amount will be applied to your rental fee. Final balances and all caterer information must be received in full 30 days before scheduled date, or date will be forfeited.
2. If user group is found to be in violation of any of the rules and regulations, you will be billed at least the fee equivalent to the cost of labor and services needed to maintain the property.
3. Refunds may be granted with notice of 10 business days. Cancellation of reservations will result in a $25.00 administrative processing fee. Refunds will not be issued for weather-related cancellations.
4. The Town of Manchester reserves the right to refuse a group when the rights of others may be infringed upon, or when the occurrence of an event may not be considered in the best interest of the park or the town.