Welcome to the Official Website of
May 19, 2016
Thank you to all who participated in last week’s Community Cleanup and this week’s Town Election.
The Board of Selectmen is pleased to announce the following Board and Committee re-appointments:
- ADA Committee - Beth Heisey and Richard Costello
- Animal Control Board - Kerri Bisner and Bing Fishman
- Board of Assessors - Tim Girian
- Bike and Pedestrian Committee - Freddy Cicerchia and Kurt Svetaka
- Building Inspector - Paul Orlando
- Chebacco Woods - Ralph Smith and Jack Hass
- Community Preservation Committee - John Kenney
- Conservation Committee - Steven Jaworski
- Council on Aging - Robert Howard, George Nickless and Kathy Bothwick
- Downtown Improvement Committee - Gar Morse, Ben Rossi, Ed Halstead, Andy Harris and Chris Shea
- Finance Committee - Diane Kaneb
- Gas/Plumbing Inspector - Joe Guzzo
- Historic District Commission - John Round
Thank you to all for their volunteer service.
Vacancies remain on the Animal Control Board (one three-year term), Council on Aging (one three-year term), and the Downtown Improvement Committee (two one-year terms). For more information, please contact the Board of Selectmen.
The recruiting process for a new Police Chief and new Fire Chief will get underway soon. Residents interested in serving on a candidate review panel should send a letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen/Town Administrator at Town Hall.
Interested in converting your home and/or business to solar electricity? The Cape Ann Solar Challenge has been extended to June 30.
On or Off?
Recycling and curbside compost will be collected Monday and Tuesday, May 23 and 24. Due to the Memorial Day holiday, the pickup of trash, recycling and curbside compost will take place the following week on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 31 and June 1.