The following recreational areas exist in Manchester but do not fall under the jurisdiction of the Parks and Recreation Department. Many of these sites can be found under the Manchester-Essex Conservation Trust Website
- Winthrop Field: Bridge Street and Jersey Lane
- Agassiz Rock: School Street, north of Route 128
- Chebacco Woods: Access from Chebacco Road in Hamilton. On-street parking only. Great trails for mountain biking and cross country skiing.
- Coolidge Point Reservation: Parking lot on Summer Street; run by Trustees of Reservations
- Dexter Pond/Long Hill Trail: Access from Colburn Road
- Powderhouse Hill: Access off of Friend Street, Pleasant Street, Elm Street, and Newport Park.
- Wilderness Conservation Area: School Street, north of Route 128
- Heron Pond: School Street
- Millstone Hill: off School Street
- Old Manchester Essex Road: off School Street
- Owls Nest:off Walker Road and Brookwood)
- Cranberry Pond: Greenbelt Property off Forest Lane
- The Hooper Trask Trails: off Magnolia Avenue