The Public Health Nurse provides care to the community and views the entire community as their client. The public health nurse role has two aspects - those responsibilities mandated by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and those provided to the community of Manchester. Services mandated by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health include but are not limited to:
- Communicable disease recording, surveillance and investigation.
- Vaccine management and distribution.
- Immunization administration.
- Immunization clinics as they arise (IE: Influenza, COVID).
Services include but are not limited to:
- Individual Blood Pressure Surveillance
- Health Care Referral
- Community Agency Referral and Advocacy
- Health Teaching and Education
- One on One Consultation
- Health Care Agency Referral - Women’s Health
- Health Fair Participation
- Camp Certification within the Town of Manchester
- Community Assessment
- Community Network Collaboration
- North Shore-Cape Ann Emergency Planning Coalition
- Collaboration with Various Town Departments
- School Department
- Housing Department