2nd and 4th Mondays at 7:00 PM, Town Hall, Room 5
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings; meeting minutes are posted after approval. View Agendas and Minutes.
The Planning Board is established under the provisions of Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 41, Section 81A. The purpose of the Planning Board is to guide the development of the Town in the best interests of all of its residents.
- Conduct studies and plans of the resources and needs of the town.
- Consider land use and the layout and functioning of the public ways as they affect public health and safety.
- Approval Not Required (ANR) – the endorsement of a lot conforming to specific requirements.
- Subdivision – the division of land into two or more lots, subject to specific Subdivision Rules and Regulations.
- Special Permit – required by law for a change of use or for a use not allowed by right in a certain district (zone) or in an overlay of that zone.
- Site Plan – required for a significant expansion or change of use of a property.
- Opinions – Planning Board opinion may be requested by other boards on matters before them.
The Planning Board is also responsible for drafting zoning bylaws and revisions; Curb Cut Approvals; Storm Water Management (MS4); Scenic Roads and other diverse roles.