Complete Streets Update - November 2019
The Department of Public Works, in conjunction with the Board of Selectmen and the Downtown Improvement Projects Committee, have reviewed both the Union Street/Beach and the Central Street/School Street/Union Street intersections and have come up with the below proposal, which the Board of Selectmen will be reviewing and possibly voting on at their December 2, 2019 meeting.
Complete Streets Update - October 2019
At the Board of Selectmen's meeting on October 7th it was voted to proceed with the Sea Street / Washington Street / Summer Street intersections and continue the discussion on the widening of the Beach Street sidewalk to their October 21st meeting.
For bidding information and contract documents click here http://manchester.ma.us/629/Bids-Quotes-and-Proposals
For construction updates please check the DPW Current Projects page- http://www.manchester.ma.us/636/Current-DPW-Projects
Complete Streets Update – May Timeline
Complete Streets Update: Bids were due back on the Downtown Improvement Project Phase II on May 8th. Unfortunately the Town did not receive any bids for this project. The Town will be contacting the Complete Streets grants coordinators to understand our options going forward, with our sites on the rebidding for a Fall of 2019 or Spring/Summer 2020 construction season. Some items may be able to be addressed using DPW staff/current contractors, options will be reviewed and any updates available during the Board of Selectmen's meeting on May 20th. Thanks to everyone for their input during this process. Any questions please contact DPW Director Chuck Dam at 978-526-1242.
Complete Streets - Go before the Board of Selectmen - April 16th
On Tuesday, April 16th at 6:30pm the modifications and comments provided at the March 26th Complete Streets workshop will be presented to the Board of Selectmen. Please review the March 26th meeting notes and the Complete Streets Revised Presentation 2019-03-26 below. All other project process documents and reports are also available in the links below.
Complete Streets Workshop - March 26th!
Join a group of stakeholders - property owners, Bike and Pedestrian Committee members and Downtown Improvement Projects Committee members - to further develop options that meet a series of objectives, some of the which compete with one another. For example, on-street parking within an intersection conflicts with safe passage of pedestrians and vehicles. View notes from the meeting here.
Tuesday, March 26th at 6pm
Town Hall Room #5
How the Complete Streets Program Works
Complete Streets are streets for everyone. They are designed and operated to enable safe access for all users, including pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and transit riders of all ages and abilities. Complete Streets make it easy to cross the street, walk to shops, and bicycle to work.
- With the Complete Streets Prioritization Plan (CSPP) accepted by Mass Department of Transportation (MassDOT), the Town is eligible to request construction funding for identified CSPP projects.
- The Town can request up to $400,000 for projects to be completed in 2018 through a competitive grant application due by October 1, 2017.
- The Board of Selectmen chose nine projects to forward for funding requests at its meeting on Monday, September 25, 2017. Most projects focus on pedestrian crossings and improved crosswalks, ramps and sidewalks to increase safety and accessibility.
- The Town will be notified by December 2, 2017 of projects approved for funding by the Commonwealth.
- Any projects funded by MassDOT must be completed by December 31, 2018.
Final Report, 2017
- Union Street/Beach and Central Street/School Street/Union Street Options 2019-11-26
- TA Report - Making Progress on Intersection Layouts 2019-04-01
- Central and School Option 3
- Beach and Union Option 3
- Complete Streets Revised Presentation (changes from 2019-03-26 workshop)
- Complete Street Projects Workshop Notes 2019-03-26
- Intersection Design Options / Complete Streets Presentation March 4, 2019
- Complete Streets Presentation 021919 vhb
- Alternative Designs for School Central Union Feb 2018
- Complete Street Public Mtg Flyer_2017-6-8
- Complete Streets Public Meeting Notes 3.21.17
- Complete Streets News 1 (March 2017)
- Manchester by the Sea Safe and Accessible Streets Policy
- Kickoff Meeting Notes-Town Working Group
- Complete Streets Preliminary Project List
- Complete Streets Preliminary Project Map
- Complete Streets Presentation_2017-06-08
- Complete Streets Presentation March 2017