Trash, Recycling and Compost
The Town of Manchester provides resident with trash, recycling and compost services and facilities. Detailed information, fees and schedules are available on the following pages:
Trash/Recycling Contractor: JRM
Trash Collection Schedule
Bulk Item Pickup
The Transfer Station will be closed on Wednesdays until further notice due to the construction of the new compost facility. The Transfer Station will remain open on Saturdays from 10 AM to 3 PM.
How Do I Dispose of Rigid Plastics?
How Do I Dispose of Batteries?
Following regulations from MassDEP, the Town of Manchester by the Sea separates and processes trash and recyclables in new ways. The following links detail the price of stickers required and how/where different items will be collected or can be taken:
- Pay as You Throw Trash Program
- Transfer Station and Curbside Rules
- Curbside & Transfer Station Banned Items
- RECYCLING GUIDELINES
OTHER DISPOSAL OPTIONS
In addition to weekly curbside trash, recycling and kitchen compost collection, as well as the Transfer Station, the Town of Manchester-by-the-Sea offers the following disposal options to residents:
- Hazardous Waste Collection – Please call the Board of Health at 978-526-7385 with questions
- Motor Oil may be brought to the Highway Garage on Wednesdays; 5-gallon limit
- Construction Waste in small amounts - if entirely contained within an orange trash bag – is accepted at curbside pickup; not allowed at the Transfer Station
Not sure how to dispose of an item, CLICK HERE for the RecycleSmart Recyclopedia