- Current Projects / Initiatives
- Skate by the Sea
Skate by the Sea
(This page will be updated as information becomes available)
Saturday, March 11 - Delayed Opening Due to Weather. Skate by the Sea will be open from 12 PM to 7 PM.
Free to the public!
Skate by the Sea is a fun new event sponsored by the Town of Manchester-by-the-Sea thanks to a special grant awarded by the state. All are invited to come skate on our new synthetic ice rink that will be located in Masconomo Park from March 3-12 (hours vary). The new eco-friendly rink does not waste water or energy and is completely recyclable when its useful life is complete. It also can be used at any time and in any weather! Come skate then après at our unique shops and restaurants. (See local promotions below)
*Bring your own skates
Rink Operating Hours
(Weather Permitting - Weather related rink closures will be posted on this page)
Friday, March 3: 3 PM - 7 PM
Canceled Saturday, March 4: 11 AM - 7 PM
Sunday, March 5: 11 AM - 4 PM
Friday, March 10: 3 PM - 7 PM
Delayed Opening Saturday, March 11: 12 PM - 7 PM
Sunday, March 12: 11 AM - 4 PM
Special Programming at Masconomo Park
|March 3||Glide with the Police Chief - 3 PM to 5 PM, Firepits, Music, Smores Sponsored by 4Beach|
|March 4||Firepits, Music, Games, Smores Sponsored by the Town of MBTS|
|March 5||Doowop Skate Hour - 11 AM, Firepits, Music, Games, Craft from First Parish Church, Smores Sponsored by the Town of MBTS|
|March 10||Live Music with DJ Dynamo Larry - 4 PM to 6 PM, Olaf Character Visit - 4 PM to 6 PM, Firepits, Music, Games, Smores Sponsored by Engel & Volkers By The Sea|
|March 11||Skating Lessons with Certified Instructor 12 PM - 1 PM, 80's Skate Hour - 4 PM Firepits, Games, Smores|
|March 12||Last Skate , Olaf Character Visit 1 PM to 3 PM, Firepits, Music, Games, Smores|
Après Skate Sip & Shop Promotions
Allen's Pharmacy - Stay Warm! All hats, gloves, scarves, ear muffs & winter masks 25% off thru March 12.
Captain Dusty's - Open during skating hours and serving hot chocolate and limited ice cream flavors.
4 Beach - Opening night free smores on March 3.
Style Snoop - Pop-Up Shop at Masco & In-Store Sip and Shop:
- March 5, Style Snoop Pop-up Shop 12 PM -3 PM: Shop our fun Manchester merchandise & more and learn more about our store featuring contemporary ladies apparel and accessories at prices that will make you smile.
- March 5, Style Snoop Skate & Sip 3 PM - 5 PM: After you finish a fun afternoon of skating, come to Style Snoop for Après Skate for kids and parents! Hot Cocoa, cookies, and adult refreshments. And of course a fun afternoon of shopping our latest spring arrivals and our huge winter sale.
- March 10, Style Snoop Skate & Sip 5 PM-7 PM: After you finish a fun afternoon of skating, come to Style Snoop for Après Skate for kids and pparents Hot Cocoa, cookies, and adult refreshments. And of course a fun afternoon of shopping our latest spring arrivals and our huge winter sale.
- March 11, Style Snoop Pop-up Shop 3-6pm: Shop our fun Manchester merchandise & more and learn more about our store featuring contemporary ladies apparel and accessories at prices that will make you smile.
Do you have extra skates that you've outgrown or don't use? We will have a community skate swap table at the rink and welcome your donations.
What to Bring
Weather Appropriate Clothing (there is always a sea breeze coming from the ocean)
Camp Chair (We will have limited seating)
What Not to Bring
Hockey Sticks & Pucks
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I park?
There will be parking at Masconomo Park, along Beach Street, and Behind Town Hall (use the pedestrian path that connects to downtown).
Can I rent skates?
No, bring your own regular figure skates or hockey skates. We will have a skate swap table so if you have skates to donate bring them down to share.
Can I play hockey?
No, for everyone's safety, we won't be allowing hockey sticks.
Will bathrooms be available?
Yes, there will be portable bathrooms.
How big is the rink?
The rink is 32' x 56' (1,792 sq. ft.) in size with the option to enlarge in the future.